135 years ago today - Mar 1, 1879

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ... I followed John D. T McAllister into the Creation Room in St George Temple. I there met with 159 Brethren and Sisters who had met to get their Endowments for the Dead and all but ten of them had met to get Endowments for my Dead friends as a Birth day Present for me. 100 women & 48 Men were going through for me.

... I went to the Altar in Company with sister Mariah Marks Harmon who officiated as Proxy for my Dead friends And I had sealed to me at the Altar 74 single women who were Dead which makes 267 in all of the dead single women who have been sealed to me in the Endowment House in Salt Lake City, and in the St George Temple.

I also was sealed to day for 65 Couple of dead friends of the Hart family Making 139 sealings and 7 Adoptions Making 146 sealings and Adoptions in one day. I think it is the most sealings Ever Administered to any one Couple in one day and at one time in this generation if not in this world.

I was weary in body. ...

[Source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Enter your Comment: