175 years ago today - Apr 3, 1839

[Wilford Woodruff Journal] My life from my childhood hath ever been attended with a continued succession of the greatest dangers & misfortunes almost that are incident to human life. I was this morning also delivered by the mercy of God out of great dangers while riding upon the running part of a waggon without the box the bolt droped out of the reach or cupling pole & I was sitting upon the bolster over the foremost wheels & the waggon parted & I was immediately closed or shut up between the bolster & tongue. The horses being frightend they ran with me & dragged me upon the ground for several minutes. I was soon enabled to run the horses into a fence & stoped them untill I could extricate myself from the difficulty.

[Source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Enter your Comment: