170 years ago today - Jul 22, 1844

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] I lade my hands upon my Father Aphek head (And according to the authority of the Priesthood and Apostleship confered upon me by the Revelations of Jesus Christ under the hands of the Twelve Apostles, President B. Young being mouth upon the cornor stone of the house of the Lord in far west in the land of Zion,) I ordained My father Aphek Woodruff unto the office of an high Priest and Patriarch after the order of Melchezedeck. I sealed him up unto eternal life. I placed upon his head the seals of the covenant. [One and a half lines crossed out and illegible.]

[Source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Enter your Comment: