155 years ago today - Oct 27, 1859

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff] ... My family Came around me to see me die. I gave each of them a word of Council and instruction But could say but little. I sent for Wilford who was in the field. He Came. I said a few words to him. Among other things I exhorted him strongly to always treat all dumb animals in his Charge kindly. He said he would try to.

John L Smith was with me in the morning. I gave him a word of Council Concerning my History & Journals in case I should die. I also Conversed with J C. Little the sexton and A. O. Smoot the mayor, Concerning the place of my burial, and my family burial ground....

[Source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Enter your Comment: