170 years ago today - Oct 4, 1844

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff] I rode on to Simsbury & stoped at Aunt Cossetts. She was deranged I lade hands upon her and rebuked the Spirit by which she was bound & she immediately seemed to be some better. ...

I retired to rest and had the following dream: I thought their was A large building standing in Nauvoo Joining my house. Appeared to be filled with lumber and many men to work in it. I saw the foundation of it begin to give way. I run in to warn the people to leave it but it fell with a mighty crash while I was in it. I narrowly escaped being killed, but got out without injury. I then saw my own dwelling brick house in Nauvoo the foundation of it to give way. I went into that to warn my family to leave it but it fell with us in it but I got out & my wife with her child in her arms all safe. The interpetation I shall understand before many days.

[Source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

4 comments:

  1. The meaning of this is:

    The foundation of the LDS church, which is built upon the foundation of false temples with false ordinances is going to collapse mightily someday. "My wife with her child in her arms all safe" has a two-fold meaning. The Church of Jesus Christ (established from 1845-1862 with the only true priesthood authority on the earth today) will stand all safe in the future, and WW and his wife Phoebe were saved from harm at this time ONLY because WW did not descend into the whoredom of polygamy until Aug.1846 when he took his 1st plural wife. At the time of his dream he was still a monogamist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For more details on WW's plural wives & children see DMQ, MH:OP, Appendix 6, p.605.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Church of Jesus Christ (WHQ: Monongahela, Pennsylvania) WILL STAND.

    The woman with child in her arms is symbolic of the church - the man child is symbolic of the priesthood authority after the order of the Son of God. See Revelations 12:1-6.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also Revelations 12:13-17.

    ReplyDelete

Please Enter your Comment: