115 years ago today - Monday, Dec 4, 1899

[Apostle Rudger Clawson] ... spent the afternoon at the President's office, getting out a report of the Box Elder Stake Fund, a fund which I have managed for a number of years as president of the Box Elder Stake. I now feel it my duty to turn it over to Brother Chas. Kelly, my successor in office. A good opportunity for investing a little money in sheep with my brother-in-law, Samuel G. Spencer, having presented itself, I borrowed $267.50 from the Box Elder Stake Fund under the approval of Chas. Kelly, president of the stake, giving my note for 3 years at 5% per annum, being the same rate of interest as the bank is paying.

[Source: Stan Larson (editor), A Ministry of Meetings: The Apostolic diaries of Rudger Clawson, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1993, http://bit.ly/rudgerclawson]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Enter your Comment: